Information and Communication Technology
For you, who:
- Want to work on the field of data processing
- Want to work as an IT-support person of a company or as a programmer
- Want to learn Finnish language so well that you can work and perform competence demonstrations in a Finnish workplace (at least level B1 defined by Common European Framework of Reference (CEF))
- Are 20 years old and you have secondary level education or you are 25 years old and have experience on computers
QUALIFICATION TITLE: DATANOME (Further Vocational Qualification in Information and Communication Technology)
LEVEL OF EDUCATION: ISCED 3
People who have further vocational qualification in information and communication technology work in versatile information and communication technology companies and organizations as well as in the companies offering their professional expertise and support service.
- Working in ICT Environment (30 competence points)
Optional units, of which you have to choose three:
- Working as a Systems Specialist, 40 cp
- Working as an IT Application Specialist, 40 cp
- Planning and implementation of digital service user experience, 40 cp
The estimated length of the studies is 2,5 years. If you have good basic knowledge and work experience in the field, you can graduate faster.
Summer break between June – August.
Every student will have an individual competence development plan (HOKS), where the number of contact lessons and distance learning as well as the competence demonstrations are agreed on.
Because the vocational education is in the Finnish language and the competence demonstrations are to be held in Finnish, there will be mostly Finnish language studies during the first year if the student does not have good Finnish language skills. There will be 15 – 20 lessons of the Finnish language and 10 – 15 lessons of vocational studies per week. At the beginning of the studies, there will be basic studies in information technology which are useful in many fields.
Learning and guidance take place in workplaces, schools, or via the network.
In order to graduate from further vocational studies, the student will have to participate in on-the-job learning periods and pass the competence tests.
Kitee Evangelical Folk High School is situated in the center of Kitee. All the town services are quite near. You can lodge at the school dormitory. We help students with families to find a flat in the town. We can also help with accommodation in the obligatory 3-7-day corona quarantine.
To complete the whole qualification you need to pass four study units.
(1) If the student has good skills in the Finnish language, the tuition fee is 175€/study unit
including teaching, teaching materials, lunch, and coffee on school days
(2) Preparatory training for competence-based qualification (Further Vocational Qualification in Information and Communication Technology) combined with Finnish language studies:
- 2240 €/year (including teaching, teaching materials, lunch, and coffee)
- 3470 €/year (including teaching, teaching materials, accommodation, and food three times a day).
Fees are charged by the study unit (1) or six months in advance (2).
You can apply directly to Kansanopisto throughout the year. You can fill in and send the application form here.
Further Vocational Qualification in Information and Communication Technology is a good basis for post-graduate studies in Finland regardless of the field of studies. Any completed study unit can be accredited in many other Finnish vocational qualification studies.
With a study visa, you can also work in Finland part-time.
According to the feedback from the previous students, the positive sides of studying in Kiteen Kansanopisto are friendly and safe study surroundings, the possibility to get help in Russian, inexpensive accommodation, and excellent food.
Alisa Kuzmina (Finnish, Russian) firstname.lastname@example.org
Eeva Nygren, tel. +358 40 507 7872 or email@example.com
Further Vocational Qualification in Information and Communication Technology