Reading and writing skills in Adult Basic Education
Education is meant for immigrants over the compulsory education age (18) and who can’t read or write in Finnish, and who want to get basic knowledge and skills to be able to do the initial (classes 1-6) or final stage studies (classes 7-9) in basic education, or to start working.
Contents of studies
You will study according to your individual study plan. The duration of the studies will be estimated according to the goal and study plan. The subjects:
- Reading and writing skills, Finnish language
- Social studies and cultural knowledge
- Environmental and nature studies
- Study councelling and working life skills
Education, accommodation, and meals are free of charge during study weeks. 70 € for a study trip.
Students will live in two-person rooms. Adults can stay at the dormitory during the weekend.
- you are at least 17 years old and you don’t have the basic education certificate
- interview and language test before selection
College office: email@example.com, 0400 9556 090
Responsible teacher: Holopainen Mervi; mervi.holopainen(a)kiteenkansanopisto.fi, 040 351 9393
Vacant study places left! Apply soon. You can fill in and send the application form here: